Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Hmmmm..... Purple You Say

When immigrants came to America from Europe to Ellis Island the health officials in the United States would check these new Americans for several physical ailments including heart disease. The telltale sign for heart disease was purplish-blue lips designating poor blood circulation. In most cases the colors purple and blue are usually not conducive with mammals, with the exception of Elisabeth Tailors' blue eyes. So when a dog opens it's mouth to pant and a long purple tongue darts out it can be a little startling. Thats exactly what happened that summer evening when that big, red dog opened his mouth. At this point I thought this dog had walked right off the set of Star Trek. I couldn't wait to find out what was next. Maybe a roar instead of a bark, or wings would come out from under his fur and he would fly around the playground ! The purple tongue was the deal sealer for me at that point I knew I had to have one of these dogs. I didn't know if they were a mean breed, or if they were big pussycats, but I knew i had to have one. After later research I found out that the only other animal at that time that had a blue\ purple tongue is a bear. How could this dog not be the coolest breed ever created.

No comments: