Friday, December 12, 2008

Life, Death, and Where The Hell Are My Tires Pt. 1

The saying goes life is hard and then you die. Well I can attest to the first part of that statement, the second part is still a mystery. After this last week though I can tell you that dying is a lot simpler than it used to be. Lets start with life. That life is cyclical is pretty much an accepted fact, we call it history. When times are good they are very good, but they never last as long as the bad times seem to. That is why we were blessed with intestinal fortitude, you tough it out until the cycle is completed and the times are once again good. On to death it waits for no man, or woman as we found out Tuesday afternoon when the letter from Kaiser Permanent arrived delivering condolences about the passing of my mother-in-law (and the notice of the cancellation of her health insurance). Business is business in the health care profession as well I guess. The only problem with the letter was that my mother-in-law is still alive. A little bit more confused than she used to be, but still breathing and walking the Earth. When times are bad I am sure many people would not mind being relinquished of all their worldly troubles by a keystroke error of the Social Security Administration. One wrong digit and your slate is swept clean, a virtual "do over" of your life. You could be anyone or do anything that you wanted to. The real trick of course is being anyone or doing anything with the life you have been given. To be continued..........

1 comment:

Sam I Am said...

i'd love to have my slate wiped clean